Monday, July 15, 2013

Agni


A single candle lit in fierce awareness and boundless love is equal to the greatest bonfires of the Western forest or the most hallowed altars of the Eastern temples. 

Wherever you are, whoever you are, whenever you remember. The Agni (divine fire) is within you, it was lit before the beginning, and it will blaze beyond the end. 

Remember, when you kindle the fire, and tend to it, with your will and your breath, you are simply holding a mirror up to that divine fire already burning within you. It is the Goddess, burning your life from inside out. 

This is my Agni altar. A single blue candle given to me by two young friends. 

This candle knows my heart's desires. And it knows that I turn those desires over to Agni, which will deal with me and my desires ruthlessly, and I embrace it all, whatever the outcome. 

Praying with fire, as opposed to playing with fire.

-- Richard Power

Power's eighth book,  Humanifesto: A Guide to Primal Reality in an Era of Global Peril , is available now in soft cover and Kindle versions, from Amazon and elsewhere.