Monday, January 14, 2013

Almighty Power

Gua Tewet, Tree of Life, Borneo, Indonesia Source: Wikipdia

Grateful for the flock of ravens that circled me this afternoon, surfing in the air currents just above the trees; so close I could see the individual feathers of their wings.

Grateful I could sing them a dharma song.

Grateful for the rain in the forest. Grateful for this simple, delicious meal: lightly steamed organic broccoli and roasted garlic hummus.

Grateful I take none of it granted.

Grateful I remember the suffering of the world in a moment of joy; grateful I am able to enjoy the moment while remaining true to witnessing the suffering of the world.

Ha! Grateful for the almighty power of gratitude.

-- Richard Power

Richard Power's eighth book,  Humanifesto: A Guide to Primal Reality in an Era of Global Peril , is available now in soft cover and Kindle versions, from Amazon and elsewhere.