Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hard Rain Late Night: Angelique Kidjo -- Agolo (1994)

Hard Rain Late Night: Angelique Kidjo -- Agolo (1994)

"It's a song I play all the time, it's a song I love. I wrote it when I was pregnant, and I started thinking about all the garbage we consume... and I realised the way we consume affects this planet. I wrote the song Agolo which means "please". The song is about the need to give more love to the mother earth in order for her to carry us a long way, us and the next generations. Please let us be careful." (Kidjo Interviewed on BBC, 3-7-02)

Agolo" in Fon language means "move out, make room" and announces the coming of a voodoo spirit. Agolo, the song, is a celebration of Mother Earth. It is a song of hope, a call to the good powers of nature and more particularly to Aidohou├ędo, the great rainbow snake, the messenger of love and tenderness who coils around the four cardinal points. (Prixars, 1995)



, , , , , ,