Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Hard Rain Late Night: Angelique Kidjo -- Agolo (1994)

Hard Rain Late Night: Angelique Kidjo -- Agolo (1994)

"It's a song I play all the time, it's a song I love. I wrote it when I was pregnant, and I started thinking about all the garbage we consume... and I realised the way we consume affects this planet. I wrote the song Agolo which means "please". The song is about the need to give more love to the mother earth in order for her to carry us a long way, us and the next generations. Please let us be careful." (Kidjo Interviewed on BBC, 3-7-02)

Agolo" in Fon language means "move out, make room" and announces the coming of a voodoo spirit. Agolo, the song, is a celebration of Mother Earth. It is a song of hope, a call to the good powers of nature and more particularly to Aidohouédo, the great rainbow snake, the messenger of love and tenderness who coils around the four cardinal points. (Prixars, 1995)



, , , , , ,